Monday, April 5, 2010

Mommy time has no clock

So a week ago I tried writing this post and somehow it didn't save and I was too tired to care to try writing it all over again. So here it goes-

Being a Mom, or even a Dad has no clock. Your baby does not care if you have to work the next day or not. If you took a nap or not. If you had a great or awful day at work. The baby just knows if something is wrong, or upset, or they can not sleep. Max doesn't know what 2 a.m. means. He just knows his head might be stuffy and he can't breathe so he is not comfortable sleeping.

And since I am the parent who does not work in a steel mill I am the one who takes care of the tried, grumpy, seasonally sick little guy most everyday.

And this walking thing is not getting us any more sleep yet. Maybe soon I hope. I envy those who can get their children who are younger than kindergarten in bed before 8 p.m. Although if I comes with rising with the sun, I will stick with going to be by 10:30ish and getting up at 8:00 a.m.


No comments:

Post a Comment