Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Nursing...One year and going strong.

It has been a interesting year since Max's birth. I wish we might have had a better birth experience so to get off to the best start we could but, we did the best we could given the circumstances. I ended up using a silicone nipple shield for over 6 months and pumped every morning for almost 10 months. I was able to pump on vacation last summer to keep feeding the Max as we drove to PA. I had a painful issue right around Halloween that lasted a few weeks. Sometimes I feel like I have been through it all now, even though Max is only just over 1 year old. I carry Max almost everywhere in my Maya Wrap. Sometimes we use the strollers we have. We just bought a Burley bike trailer so Max can enjoy going for bike rides this summer. I am finally letting Max sleep in his own room. Alright, tonight is the real first attempt. We will see how it goes. Usually he is in the pack n play in our room.

I regularly attend our La Leche League meetings. I just love to listen to the other mothers issues with their children. Some days I know exactly where there are and other days I will have to find out in a year or so or more. I look forward to having Max get bigger even though it is such a short time in his life that he is a baby. I hope we are able to have another baby some time in the future. I hope Max is a good big brother.

I look to enjoy doing everything that we can together as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment